1. Home
  2. breadcrumbs separator
  3. breadcrumbs separator
  4. Community Events

Community Events

Are you planning on holding an event in the Warrumbungle Shire Council area?

When planning an event there may be a couple of approvals that are required.

To find out if your event requires any approvals we recommend that you contact Council before you start planning.

Different departments can assist with different approvals for local events. To find out if your event requires any approvals please contact the relevant staff member listed below:

Environment Health Officer:
• Food and drink sales
• Use of water
• Use of toilets
• Fireworks

Town Planner:
• Use of land for a different purpose than what it is approved for
• Use of large banners
• Use of large structures

Development Services:
• Use of signage on Councils land

Road Safety Officer:
• Events on or near a road

Road Closures for Events will provide you with additional information

Manager Urban Services:
• Additional use of Council services, i.e. electricity or additional bins etc.

Manager Economic Development and Tourism:
Once approvals have been received by an event coordinator Council’s Economic Development and Tourism  can assist with promoting an event.


Events may be insured by Council’s insurance, however this depends on the type of event. Please refer to Local Community Insurance Services for more information.


All staff can be contacted by calling Council on (02) 6849 2000 or emailing info@warrumbungle.nsw.gov.au

Community Development Coordinators also provide assistance in finding and applying for grants as well as promoting events.

The Contact List can be used to find the closest Community Development Coordinator near you.

Please find additional resources below to provide assistance in planning a safe and successful event.


Bunny Bazaar 2019

Last Updated: 29 Jul 2019