Warrumbungle Community Care
Warrumbungle Community Care (WCC) provides services for the frail aged, people with a disability and their carers to assist them to continue living independently in their own homes. WCC is auspiced by Warrumbungle Shire Council and funded by Family and Community Services, Department of Ageing Disability and Homecare, Transport for NSW and NSW Health.
Services provided include:
- Community Transport provides local and out of town transport for local residents to attend doctors, specialist and other appointments or shopping. A bus service also provides regular trips to regional centres such as Dubbo.
- Meals on Wheels provides a range of nutritious hot or frozen meals across the Shire. These meals are delivered by volunteers or staff to the home.
- Home Maintenance services include lawn mowing and simple maintenance tasks. This program is provided to assist clients to keep their homes and gardens safe.
- Social Support services include Telelink, social support luncheons and activities, local assisted shopping trips.
- Respite for Carers service provides trained carers to provide in-home support for clients, giving carers an opportunity to attend appointments or have some time off from caring.
Warrumbungle Community Care provides services for the frail aged, people with a disability and their carers. Eligibility criteria apply for all services. Please contact our office for more information.
(services the townships of Coonabarabran, Baradine, Binnaway and surrounding areas)
27-29 John St Coonabarabran
Phone: 02 6849 2200
Fax: 02 6842 2844
(services the townships of Coolah, Dunedoo, Mendooran and surrounding districts)
64 Binnia St Coolah
Phone: 02 6378 5130
Fax: 02 6377 1765
Offices are open from Monday to Friday 8:30 am - 4.30 pm - Closed on Public Holidays.
First published: 21 Sep 2010
Last modified: 12 Apr 2013