1. Home
  2. breadcrumbs separator
  3. breadcrumbs separator
  4. breadcrumbs separator
  5. Positions Vacant

Positions Vacant

Vacant positions appear below and you need to download the information package for the position in which you are interested.   Please refer to the included "How to Apply for a Job" for details on putting together an effective application.

If the advertisement requires you to have a Working With Children Check click here to access the Office of the Children's Guardian to start your WWCC.  Please remember to write your number on the Job Application Cover Sheet.

Prospective applicants should note that drug testing is a condition of employment at Warrumbungle Shire Council.

Written applications, addressing the essential and desirable criteria, should be marked "Confidential - Job Application" and can be emailed to info@warrumbungle.nsw.gov.au, posted to The General Manager, PO Box 191, Coonabarabran NSW 2357, or faxed to 02 6842 1337 up until the stated closing time.

Council takes no responsibility for applications not received by the closing date.  Accordingly, you should contact Council before the closing deadline to check that your application has been received.  If you submit your application via a job agency, you should still check that Council has received the application.

Positions Vacant

Outdoor Casual Employment

If you wish to be placed on Council's Outdoor Casual List, please download the Job Application Coversheet as you will need to include it with your application.  You will need to provide:

  • Job Application Cover Sheet
  • Current resume (CV)
  • Copy of driver's licence
  • Copy of Occupational Health and Safety Construction Induction Certificate ("White Card")
  • Copy of any other relevant qualifications, e.g.
    • RMS Traffic Controller ticket ("Blue Card" and "Yellow Card")
    • WorkCover Operator Ticket / RTO Statements of Competence (Forklift, Backhoe, Front End Loader etc.)

Council will not place you on its outdoor casual eligibility list without a current driver's licence and White Card, as a minimum.  To improve your chances of obtaining work, we suggest that you also hold a Traffic Controller ticket and an HR driver's licence.

While there are many training providers for the OHS Construction Induction Certificate ("White Card") and Traffic Controller ticket, in this region the main provider is TAFE (Coonabarabran Campus tel: 6842 0700).

While being on Council's casual list is no guarantee of employment, our most skilled and reliable casuals may obtain frequent work, with many having gone on to obtain permanent employment.

Indoor Casual Employment

Council has casual employment available, mostly in Child Care, and on occasion also in the areas of Social Services, Finance and Administration, as well as Cleaning. 

If you wish to be considered for placement on Council's Indoor Casual List, you will need to provide all of the following:

  • Job Application Cover Sheet (see below)
  • Current resume (CV)
  • Copy of driver's licence
  • Copy of any relevant qualifications
  • Cover letter detailing relevant experience

 Should you require further information on selection criteria, such as relevant qualifications, please contact Human Resources on 6849 2000.

Last Updated: 10 Jan 2017